Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Manager - Northeastern New Mexico
at Alzheimer's Association
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions suffering from the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eight years in a row.
The Northeastern Regional Manager is responsible for building regional awareness of Alzheimer’s disease through advocacy, fundraising, sponsorship development, outreach and programming. This position also oversees the day to day operation of the regional office. New Mexico Chapter Regional Managers must be bondable and insurable.
- Cultivate contacts in the area for purposes of awareness, fundraising, public relations, public policy and the general advancement of the mission and goals of the New Mexico Chapter in all areas of education, research and awareness.
- Identify potential funding sources in the form of grants, donors and sponsors to support the regional office, The Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day and other Chapter events.
- Collaborate on the planning and implementation of fundraising and awareness events.
- Provide programming to include caregiver education, Helpline Caller support, dementia education and physician outreach.
- Train, coach, manage and supervise event committee members responsible for the majority of planning, logistics and event fundraising.
- Perform regional program planning, needs assessment and implementation of a wide range of volunteer-delivered and other educational classes and community presentations to caregivers, families, persons living with the disease and law enforcement agencies.
- Identify, recruit and manage volunteers to deliver programs and other support services.
- Provide assistance to the public and Alzheimer’s families by providing Care Consultations and connecting them with appropriate resources.
- Provide leadership for local office and local volunteers and ensure compliance with Chapter policies and procedures.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association and regional community activities.
- Prepare and deliver monthly activity reports.
- Administer the business aspects of Regional Office operation and assist with/perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
- Experience in event coordination and fundraising highly desirable
- Experience in medical or mental health field highly desirable
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Ability to recruit, train and coordinate of a wide range of volunteers with varying levels of expertise
- Ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
- Ability to provide educational and informational presentations
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs
- Ability to use a variety of software and databases
- Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.