The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Responsible for maintenance of entire building and yard including but not limited to:
- Removing weeds
- Cleaning yard
- Small repairs
- Responsible for customer assistance with bringing in donations, making sure they are secure
- Responsible for monitoring the meal program, clients, and ensuring the dining room area is cleaned up including tables, floors, and showers.
- Stock and maintain food pantry
- Handle food bank orders and check orders as they come in
- Work closely with social services and cook in regards to food and reporting of goods given out
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor as they relate to the position of Maintenance/Janitor
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use diplomacy and good judgement
- Must be able to follow verbal/written instructions
- Must have previous custodial experience
- Must have painting and yard experience
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions, interacting with others with courtesy and tact
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner to meet deadlines, completing projects on schedule
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.